Mr Reiner Schmitz
Tel: +32 2 287 73 10
Fax: +32 2 287 70 06
Work with Us
EU Election Observation Missions
EU EOMs implemented by IOM since 2001
IOM believes that supporting genuine elections contributes to development and peace. Fair elections allow people to voice their preferences and to choose their representatives. By encouraging popular participation and engagement in a country's political future, communities become more stable and the potential for future large-scale population displacement and instability is reduced.
Since 2001 IOM has been actively involved in supporting almost 50 EU Election Observation Missions (EU EOMs) worldwide (see map above). IOM is contracted by the EU Foreign Policy Instrument to provide all necessary logistical/operational, security and administrative support within an EU EOM, thus enabling Mission’s members to carry out their observation tasks in a secure and safe manner. The implementation of the EU EOMs is managed by the IOM Regional Office in Brussels in close coordination with the IOM Country Missions where the elections are observed.
For more information on the EU's election observation missions, visit the EU's Election Observation website.
During the last three years IOM provided support to these EU EOMs:
- EU Election Observation Mission to Tunisia for the Parliamentary and Presidential Elections 2014
- EU Election Observation Mission to Kosovo for the Legislative Elections 2014
- EU Election Observation Mission to Malawi for the Tripartite Elections 2014
- EU Election Observation Mission to Maldives for the Parliamentary Elections 2014
- EU Election Observation Mission to Bangladesh for the Parliamentary Elections 2013
- EU Election Observation Mission to Kosovo for the Municipal and Mayoral Elections 2013
- EU Election Observation Mission to Pakistan for the General Elections 2013
- EU Election Observation Mission to Sierra Leone for the Presidential, Legislatives and Local Elections in 2012
NEW! - Request for Proposals
IOM intends to contract a Service Provider for the expenditure verification of EU Election Observation Missions for which this Request for Proposals (RFP) is issued.
IOM invites interested Audit Firms to provide Technical and Financial Proposal for the services outlined in the terms of reference by 17 February 2017, 5pm, delivered by hand or through mail to:
International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Regional office for the EEA, the EU and NATO
40, Rue Montoyer
Requests for Clarifications may be sent by interested firms until 7 February 2017, 5pm by email to ROBrusselsBEACEOM@iom.int
The Audit Firm will be selected under a Quality –Cost Based Selection procedures described in this RFP and it is intended to enter into a zero-value framework contract with the selected firm for two years. Specific contracts will then be issued on the basis of the financial offer for each specific assignment.