Migrant Inclusion and Social Cohesion
Promoting migrant inclusion and social cohesion is at the core of IOM’s work in Europe. We focus on developing strategies that help migrants better integrate into new communities as well as assisting receiving communities to recognize the positive contributions that migrants can make.
IOM implements programmes across Europe that may include a range of components:
- Migrant training, including pre-departure and post-arrival orientation;
- Information about migration through established Migrant Resource Centres;
- Social inclusion of migrants, including increased access of migrants to public services;
- Labour market integration of migrants and private sector engagement;
- Awareness-raising and anti-xenophobia campaigns;
- Capacity building of national and local authorities on migrant integration;
- Research and analysis projects aimed at improving existing migrant integration policies and programmes.