The Mainstreaming Migration Into International Cooperation and Development (MMICD) training brings the content of the Guidelines and Toolkits to life through a blended learning approach that consists of: (1) a self-paced e-learning course to learn the main concepts and build a solid understanding of what to do and how to do it, and (2) complementary interactive webinars with IOM experts to apply the learnings in practice.
These were developed by the International Organization for Migration in partnership with the European Union under the MMICD project and in collaboration with various UN partners.
- Goals and Learning Objectives
The purpose of the training is to help participants:
- Deepen their understanding of the linkages between migration and sustainable development;
- Acquire knowledge and skills on how to apply the MMICD tools to integrate migration into specific development sectors.
- Target Participants
International cooperation and development actors, specifically EU institutions and EU delegations, EU member states, development partners, government authorities in partner countries and other donors.
- Training Structure
Module 1: Migration and Sustainable Development
Module 2: Integrating Migration into International Cooperation and Development
Module 3: Integrating Migration Across Development Sectors
- Training Duration
- Self-paced e-learning - minimum 4h
- Interactive webinars with IOM experts - 6h
Access the e-learning training