The MATCH project seeks to address labour market shortages in four EU Member States by enabling young graduates from Nigeria and Senegal to work for companies in Belgium, Italy, Luxembourg or the Netherlands where specific sectorial labour shortages have been identified.
The scheme aims to upscale young migrants’ skills and increase their employability, while addressing EU labour market shortages and contributing, in the longer term, to the development of Nigeria and Senegal.
MATCH seeks to achieve this through the following components:
- Mobility scheme: young graduates in Nigeria and Senegal will benefit from a temporary job placement in Belgium, Italy, Luxembourg or the Netherlands. Outreach to potential candidates and companies, screening of candidate profiles and matching with interested companies will be undertaken.
- Skills development: selected candidates will be offered various trainings to upscale their skills.
- Knowledge transfer to countries of origin: selected candidates will be invited to engage in projects in their home country to facilitate skills and knowledge transfer to their communities of origin.
- Peer-to-peer capacity-building: MATCH will facilitate the exchange between employer organizations and employment agencies in the participating EU Member States and their counterparts in Senegal and Nigeria. Employer organizations and employment agencies in Nigeria and Senegal will benefit from capacity building trainings on labour market analysis, matching of labour supply with demand and exploring labour opportunities abroad.
The project is funded by the European Union’s Asylum Migration and Integration Fund (AMIF) and runs from January 2020 to December 2022.
- Contact the MATCH team in each country
Visit the IOM Belgium and Luxembourg project page or contact Daphné Bouteillet-Paquet for more information on MATCH activities in the country. MATCH in Belgium is implemented in partnership with: EUROCHAMBRES, AGORIA, VDAB and VOKA
Visit the IOM Belgium and Luxembourg project page or contact Daphné Bouteillet-Paquet for more information on MATCH activities in the country. MATCH in Luxembourg is implemented in partnership with: IMS.
Funded by the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund of the European Union